A delicious cake but without eggs that is super soft and moist. On this recipe I have made it marbled but you can also have it plain vanilla or chocolate by adding cocoa to it. The recipe is also perfect as cupcakes.
150g Icing sugar/castor sugar
3/4 Cup Milk
3 tsp Vinegar
150g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 Tbsp Cocoa
Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in the milk and vinegar. Fold in all the flour.
Divide batter in half. Fold the cocoa in one half.
Place in alternate spoonfuls in a greased and lined 8″ cake tin.
Bake at 180ºC for 20-25 minutes.
Turn out and cool.
1. Use the same Recipe to make lemon cake, just add lemon zest and skip the cocoa part
2. To make a delicious Chocolate cake add about 4 tbsp of coco powder
3. You can reduce the amount of sugar if you find it too sweet.
4. You may not get good results if you use granulated sugar so I suggest you use icing sugar or castor sugar which has smaller granules.
5. You can make you own icing sugar at home home by blending your sugar to a powder.