Watch and see the how cook a great Pasta meal as well as how to make mint pesto…. Here’s the full recipe and procedure
2 Large EggPlant
500g Penne Pasta
For the Pesto
1 cup fresh mint leaves
½ Cup parsley leaves
1/3 Cup walnuts
½ cup Freshly grated (chopped small) Parmesan Cheese
2 Garlic cloves
90ml olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Cut the eggplant lengthways into 1cm short strips. Place the strips in a container and add salt then allow to stand for 30minutes. This will remove bitter juices from the eggplant.
2. Rinse well with cold water and drain.
3. Cook the pasta in salty water according to pack instructions and add the eggplant 3 minutes before the end.
4. For the pesto, place all ingredients except the oil in a food processor
5. Blend until smooth then gradually add the oil until the mixture becomes runny.
6. Add the pesto to the cooked pasta and mix well and serve immediately.