Ogbono Soup that went to UNN!
Background story: UNN is the BEST government university in Nigeria if I do say so myself because I am a UNN alumnus! So Ogbono Soup that went to UNN means, top notch Ogbono, the best Ogbono Soup, the crem de la crem of all Ogbono Soups! lol
This is a very big pot of soup that I cooked as part of the soups that I will store while going away. Feel free to reduce the quantities of ingredients for a smaller pot of Ogbono Soup.
– 1.5 cups Ogbono Seeds (1 cups ground Ogbono): https://youtu.be/22BPuU2-aZw
– 2 kilos beef, cowskin and cow tripe
– 4 pieces of stockfish
– 1 cup stock fish chin chin: https://youtu.be/UbEF3BmDENM
– 1/2 cup palm oil
– 1 red onion
– 2 pieces of ogiri okpei
– 1/4 cup ground crayfish
– 4 small seasoning cubes
– Spinach/ugu (to your liking)
– Uziza leaves (to your liking)
– Habanero pepper (to your taste)
– 1/2 Sweet pepper
– Salt (to taste)
How I grind Ogbono with my spice grinder: https://youtu.be/22BPuU2-aZw
My spice grinder:
Buy Krups Coffee Grinder (USA): http://amzn.to/1Nz792d
Buy Krups Coffee Grinder (UK): http://amzn.to/1bJwf0w
Vegetable Soup: https://youtu.be/YKkNhhjVI8c
Seafood Okra Soup: https://youtu.be/hheD2Ojlelc
Frequently Asked Questions about Ogbono Soup
My Ogbono Soup does not draw. Why?
There are 3 main reasons why your Ogbono Soup does not draw.
1. You bought the fake Ogbono. There is another seed that looks so much like Ogbono and is sold as Ogbono seeds in Nigerian markets. First sign that you are buying the wrong seeds is if they are too cheap to be true. To confirm that the seeds are really Ogbono seeds: break the seed and rub the broken sides together, if they make a sap that draws, then you’ve got the real Ogbono seeds.
2. You used packaged ground Ogbono, ground being the keyword here. Once you grind Ogbono, it starts losing its potency to draw and with time, it won’t draw anymore. The exact time at which it completely loses its potency to draw will depend on: how dry the Ogbono was before the grinding took place and how well it is packaged amongst other things. Also some of the ground ogbono are so dusty that the ratio of ogbono to dust is 1:1 hence if you measure 1 cup of ogbono, technically you have 1/2 cup of ogbono in there.
3. You fried it before adding the meat/fish stock. The ground Ogbono should only be dissolved in the palm oil NOT fried. The more you fry it, the more it loses its drawing ability till you’ve got no potency left. This happens even if it is the authentic Ogbono seed.
For more information, visit my website: https://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/soups/ogbono-soup/
❤ Like & Subscribe for more: http://bit.ly/NigerianRecipes
Click “Show More” or down-arrow for more info about this video.
❤ Buy the All Nigerian Recipes Cookbook
Amazon USA: http://amzn.to/1dwYAAy
In NIGERIA: http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/cookbook/
UK and other European countries: Send me an email to [email protected]
Amazon Canada: http://amzn.to/1yuQkRZ
❤ KINDLE Version also available
Amazon USA: http://amzn.to/1zfdQAE
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1BJgcHA
Amazon Canada: http://amzn.to/1Gr5Wq4
Amazon Australia: http://bit.ly/1DIfcIk
Amazon India: http://bit.ly/1GMPY84
Amazon Mexico: http://bit.ly/1z0aVwT
Amazon Netherlands: http://bit.ly/1wH8Rqu
Amazon Germany: http://amzn.to/139Ffau
Amazon Spain: http://amzn.to/1ACY0hq
Amazon France: http://amzn.to/1DIdN4F
Amazon Japan: http://amzn.to/1weabT5
Amazon Italy: http://amzn.to/13v0ULr
Amazon Brazil: http://bit.ly/1sxzc6b
❤ Find me on other Social Media
Nigerian food is yummy!