Jollof rice is a winner anytime. This no-fail recipe is all you need if you’re looking for that smokey party jollof rice to win your everyone over.
Here are the ingredients for this Nigerian party jollof rice
– 2 kg (about 10 cups) medium or long grain rice
– 4 roma tomatoes
– 6 bell peppers(tatashe)
– 2 scotch bonnet(hot) peppers
– 1 medium onion
– 2 thumbs ginger
– 5 garlic cloves
– 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil(375ml)
– half of a medium onion (chopped)
– 400 gr tomato paste
– 3 teaspoons thyme
– 3 teaspoons curry
– 3 teaspoons black pepper
– 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
– 3 bay leaves
– salt to taste
– 5 cubes chicken seasoning
– about 6 to 8 cups chicken stock(depending on the type of rice you’re using)
– 3 spoonful of butter/margarine for extra flavor (optional)
– onion and tomato slices (for garnish)
Quick notes: Jollof rice can be prepared using both parboiled medium grain rice or long grain white rice like basmati. For basmati rice, I highly recommend the sellar brand.
It is a very common practise to parboil the rice before use in making any Nigwrian rice recipe( I do it sometimes too), but rinsing the rise repeatedly also works fine too. But feel free to use any method you desire to prepare jollof rice or any rice recipe.
As for the spices and seasoning used in this party jollof rice, also feel free to add or remove from the list above. A tasty jollof rice can also be achieved using less spices.
Other varieties of Nigerian jollof rice are nigerian jollof rice recipe with chicken,nigerian jollof rice with beef, nigerian jollof rice with goat meat, nigerian vegan jollof rice and a lot more.
When it comes to jollof rice, be it Nigerian jollof rice, Ghanaian jollof rice or cameroon jollof rice, all that matters is taste . So make sure you follow the recipe as it is and when you nail it, you can go ahead and make different variations.
Other Recipes You Might Like
– Plantain Puff Puff- sweet spicy Ripe Plantain puff puff (plantain buñuelos de platano) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWcxs7UTRKc&list=PLFqGQKQamy-CNsmbdRDI16h3WXGkloyPa&index=2
– Easy Tasty OVEN GRILLED (roasted) FISH with Veggie sauce
– Nigerian Sausage Rolls
– Nigerian Crunchy Buns – easy nigerian buns recipe
– Nigerian puff puff – Easy authentic recipe (Bofrot)
• How to gain weight at the right places for skinny people
• How to make potato pancakes
• EASY CHICKEN STIR FRY
•How to Bake Cake in A Pot Without An Oven
•Easy Condensed Milk Toffee (simply irresistible)
• Homemade Samosa Wrappers ( Samosa dough)
• Skin Glowing Smoothie : Clear Even Toned and Brighter SkiN
• HOW TO MAKE YOGURT WITH MILK POWDER
You might also like these related recipes
– Nigerian Fish rolls
– The best Peppered snail sauce
– Asun goatmeat sauce recipe
– Nigerian Suya
Copyright free music from Youtube Audio Library
#jollof #jollofrice #nigerianjollofrice #rice #nigerianrice #recipe #liliannke